Introduction to Neuromarketing & Consumer Neuroscience on Coursera
The course offers an introduction to the multidisciplinary field of consumer neuroscience and neuromarketing and it goes through to the basic concepts of the human brain, the elements of the consumer mind, how it is studied, and how its insights can be applied in commercial and societal understandings of consumer behaviour. Over 6 weeks, there were addressed topics such as:
- What is neuromarketing all about? An overview of the brain. Case study: Knutson et al., Pessiglione et al.; Methods: fMRI, PET and MR scanners;
- Senses, attention and consciousness; Interview with Kyle Nel; NeuroVision Tool;
- Sensory neuromarketing; Sensory load chart; iMotions – Interview with Peter Hartzbech; Interview with Per Møller;
- Emotions and feelings, wanting and liking; Case study: Kirk et al., Ramsøy; EEG, Method: EEG; Interview with Steve Genco;
- Learning & memory; Case study: McClure et al.; Methods: eye-tracking, memory test; interview with Richard Silberstein;
- Neuroethics and consumer aberrations; Interview with Jan Trzaskowksi; Interview with Carl Marci.
Each week everyone enrolled had to take a short test and prove the knowledge gained from the video lectures, interviews with top professionals and bibliography (Introduction to Neuromarketing & Consumer Neuroscience, Neuromarketing for Dummies and the freely available Selected Readings in Consumer Neuroscience & Neuromarketing).