“Neuromarketing Theory & Practice” Magazine – Issue No. 8
Neuromarketing Science & Business Association has recently published the 8th edition (April 2014) of “Neuromarketing Theory & Practice Magazine”. This is a must read, you will see this from the brief news and information from this issue presented below:
Mirjam Broekhoff covered the important aspects discussed by Antonio Damasio (leading neuroscientist that has offered a theory about the relationship between human emotions, human rationality, and the underlying biology), a keynote speaker at 2014 Neuromarketing World Forum in New York. By the way, Professor Damasio received a NMSBA honorary membership from President Richard Silberstein and the board of directors.
- In the Case Study section, Luis Fernando Rico Navas presents an eye tracking study that aimed to measure consumers’ response to OOH media. The author emphasized that the brain leads our eyes, not the other way around. So if something captures brain’s attention, it will be remembered.
- The magazine also features an interview with Read Montague (specialist in the field of social neuroscience and computational neuroscience, his work centers broadly on human social cognition, decision-making, and willful choice with a goal of understanding the detailed underlying neurobiology of these functions in health and disease) written by Mirjam Broekhoff. He talks about his work and results, and also briefly discusses the Pepsi / Coca Cola experiment (Pepsi Challenge) he conducted in 2004 and published in Neuron that same year.
- Neale Martin (Founder of Sublime Behavior Marketing, Professor at Kennesaw State University and author of Habit: The 95% of Behavior Marketers Ignore) wrote in the column section an article titled “Updating the Marketing Paradigm”, where he discusses the use of neuromarketing together with traditional marketing research methods.
- Cristina de Balanzo and Nuria Serrano Abad present the new insights in memory that can improve advertising effectiveness, in an interesting article entitled “Memory: Much More Than Recall”.
- People from 38 different nationalities attended the 3rd Neuromarketing World Forum, and some of the moments that were captured with photos can be seen in this issue. Also, 6 of the participants discussed their views on the event.
- Neuromarketing Industry Leaders Meeting held on 5th of March resulted in a series of learnings and conclusions which are shared in the report section of this issue. The discussions are around how to sell neuromarketing, internationalization, getting neuromarketing mainstream, education neuroscience, accreditation, knowledge sharing and building a neuromarketing community.
- The NMSBA will soon start a series of events named after the magazine: Neuromarketing Theory & Practice Conference. The first 7 editions will be held in Frankfurt (June 24-35, 2014), Madrid (September 23-24, 2014), Istanbul (October 14-15, 2014), London (December 2-3, 2014), San Francisco (January 26-27, 2015), Mexico City (January 29-30, 2015) and Bogota (February 2-3, 2015). Interested to attend? Check the official website: http://www.neuromarketingtheorypractice.com/events
- Leon Zurawicki discussed face reading with the advantages and disadvantages this method comes.
- Ana Iorga presents the Swedish stars of neuromarketing research in an interview with Lars Johannsen (Straylight). He talks about their work at Straylight, the challenges they meet and his views on this emerging field.
- The ARF Neuro 2 Project which was also presented at Neuromarketing World Forum this year and which aims to predict how advertising drives sales is briefly described.
- Book review of Delivering the Neural Nudge: How the mobile internet is applying the insights of behavioural economics and neuroscience to revolutionise marketing communications (by Roger Parry, published in 2014).
- Harley Yarosh covers the research update section, with an article that reviews recent reward related outcomes research.
This and more insights you will find in the latest issue of Neuromarketing Theory & Practice Magazine. This is the only publication in the world that is covering news and insights from the neuromarketing industry, interviews with leaders from the field, and covering relevant research from consumer neuroscience and neuro economics. This magazine is the result of the efforts made by the Director of the association (Carla Nagel), the editorial board (Fabio Babiloni, Phil Barden, Neale Martin, Rafal Ohme, Anna Thomas, Leon Zurawicki) and NMSBA members and contribuitors. Congratulations to Mirjam Broekhoff (Chief Editor) for her work and high standards, I am looking forward to the next editions and developments!